Achieving the Perfect Medium Beard Length for Your Face Shape
The medium beard length of 3-8 inches has surged in popularity in recent years with the rise of the "lumbersexual" trend. This versatile length offers the best of both worlds - beyond a stubble but without the maintenance of an ultra-long beard.
Medium beard styles are so versatile because they can be tailored to complement different face shapes. But keeping a medium beard groomed does require consistent trimming, shaping lines, and applying beard care.
Popular Styles to Try:
- The Boxed Beard: A neat, defined beard with a sloping cheekline and trimmed neckline. Elongates round and heart-shaped faces.
- The Square Beard: Sharp 90-degree angles create a strong jawline definition. Widens narrow oval and triangular faces.
- The Pointed Beard: A longer chin paired with short cheek hair. Slimming for round, diamond, and triangular faces.
- The Classic Full Beard: Iconic masculine style with hair growing from cheek line. Softens square faces and balances heart-shaped ones.
Tips for Growing a Medium Beard:
- Let it grow past the awkward stubble stage to about 1.5-2 inches on the chin
- Define lines by trimming neckline, cheek line, and sideburns
- Use beard oil and balm for hydration and styling ability
- Brush frequently with a boar bristle brush to condition and shape
- Trim regularly to keep growth even and remove stray hairs
The medium beard length gives you the chance to tailor your style. Experiment to find the perfect shape that flatters your facial features.